Orphan Drugs & Rare Diseases 2018 Americas - West Coast
The Westin San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
We are proud to present our Orphan Drugs and Rare Diseases 2018 Americas, this time round taking place in west coast, San Diego, CA. It’s the 7th in the series of our flagship bi-annual Orphan Drugs and Rare Diseases event, this congress will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the critical issues shaping the future of Orphan Drugs in the US market.
According to research report, the Global Orphan Drug market is estimated at $145.89 million in 2016 and is expected to reach $265.63 million by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 10.5% from 2016 to 2022. Rising focus of big pharmaceutical companies on orphan drug improvement, increasing occurrence of rare diseases, government incentives for orphan medicine are some factors favouring the market growth. However, some factors such as high initial investment that leads to higher per patient treatment cost, reimbursement uncertainties and high cost of drug development are hindering the market. North America registered significant growth for the market during the forecast period due to rising healthcare spending, constructive government initiatives, growing occurrence of chronic diseases and small timeline required for orphan drug development. (Wise Guy Reports)
Orphan Drugs & Rare Diseases 2018 Americas will provide a unique platform for the convergence of stakeholders in the orphan drugs industry to discuss and network with top tier government, hospitals, pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, non-profit organizations, orphan drugs developers as well as regional and local manufacturers. We are putting together an agenda that address the driving macroeconomic factors, policies and issues that will steer the development of orphan drugs globally including commercialization, policies, reimbursement, pricing and more. We look forward to having you be part of the event!
The two-day Congress will provide an interactive and intimate discussion and networking format led by key expert speakers with intimate knowledge in the industry. Gain latest insights on Discovery, Research and Innovations, Early Development and Pre-Commercialisation issues surrounding orphan drugs and rare diseases.
Gain Latest Insights On:
- Sustainability of the Pharmaceutical Industry: What is Orphan Drugs’ Role In It?
- Funding of Orphan Drugs: Finding Innovative and Alternative Ways in Financing the Development of Orphan Drugs
- Economics of Orphan Drugs: How Commercially Viable Is It to Engage in the Development of Orphan Drugs?
- Outsourcing: What Do Developers Look for When Looking for an Outsourcing Partner?
- International Collaboration: Coming Together in Developing Orphan Drugs and Crossing Borders
- Licensing Agreements: Trend and Deal Structures
- The Developer and Patient Relationship: How Can They Assist in the Evolution and Development of Orphan Drugs?
- Patient Access: How Can This Continue to Improve?
- What Do Insurance Companies Think About Orphan Drugs? Will They Make Modifications to Their Policies to Support Patients with Rare Diseases?
Who you will meet
Presidents, Heads/Chiefs, Directors, VPs and Managers of:
- Research and Development
- Regenerative Medicine
- External R&D Innovation
- Clinical Scientist
- Gene Therapy
- Translational Science
- Molecular Geneticist
- Program Management
- Patient Advocacy and Public Affairs
- Medical Affairs
- Regulatory Affairs
- Clinical Field Specialist
- Sales and Marketing
- Outcomes & Evidence
- Commercial Development
- Product Specialist
- Global Strategic Services
- Business Planning and Operations
Featuring Key Industry Experts
- Jason Cameron, Vice President, Global Supply Chain, Amicus Therapeutics
- Badri Rengarajan, Medical Affairs Lead, ASPIRE Unit, Actelion/J&J
- Aileen Healy, Executive Director, Global Head, ES&I for Rare Diseases, Worldwide R&D, Pfizer, Inc.
- Kei Kishimoto, Chief Scientific Officer, Selecta Biosciences
- Romina Ortiz, Chief Operating Officer, VP Patient Advocacy, Rare Genomics Institute
- Nicole Boice, Founder & CEO, Global Genes – Allies in Rare Disease
- Radhika Tripurareni, VP, Medical Affairs, Prothena Biosciences
- Nevine Shalaby, Head of Scientific Collaborations, Centogene AG
- Justin Bingham, Vice President Business Development North America, Centogene AG
- Michelle Berg, VP, Patients Affairs and Community Engagement, Abeona Therapeutics*
- EJ Brandreth, Vice President, Quality, Inovio Pharmaceuticals
- Tijana Burgarcic, Managing Director, Rarebase
- Raquel Cabo, Vice President, Global Market Access, Ovid Therapeutics
- Matthias P. Schönermark, Managing Director, SKC
- Ken Kengatharan, CEO, Auxesia Orion and Managing Partner, Atheneos Ventures
- Jonathan Heller, Founder and CEO, Teton Therapeutics Inc
- Anthony J Arleth, Managing Director, Consultancy Practice, Pennside Partners Ltd
- Jeffrey Bloss, Chief Medical Officer, Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, a Novelion Therapeutics Company*
- Michael A. Swit, Esq., Legal Counsel, Law Offices of Michael A. Swit
- Carl K. Edwards, III, Chief Scientific Officer, DNX Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
Previous Conference Gallery
Paradigm Global Events
ADD THIS EVENT TO YOUR CALENDAR
Event Sponsors & Exhibitors